This morning I hosted a talk on clubhouse at 8:30am, its a new regular slot on a Monday where I talk about setting your intentions for the week ahead. If you are on clubhouse then do come and join me every Monday at 8:30am
I believe in starting the week strong, I always think about how do I want to feel and what goals do I want to complete. But, before I even get to the tasks there are a number of steps I do beforehand.
- Choose a mantra for the week – for example “if you can’t stop thinking about it, don’t stop working for it“
- I spend 5 mins quietly with my eyes closed and no distractions like phones. You could use this time to meditate but I simple quieten my mind before I start thinking of the week ahead
- I visualise the week ahead, by Friday what do I want to have achieved
- Once the first 3 steps are done I am ready to start setting my intentions. I recommend doing this for 5 key areas (client work, business growth, sales activities, health, family)
- I write the intentions down in my planner and time block my calendar for the week
- Throughout the week I track my intentions, its not a case of write them out on Monday then forget about it until Friday. I’m aware of them every day
- I journal throughout the week, what do I need to do today to achieve my goals? I use various prompts to encourage deeper exploration within my journaling
- Who is holding you accountable? Knowing someone will be asking about your intentions makes it more likely you will achieve them. This could be a consultant like me, within a membership group like the UKAWP or an informal buddy
- Finally I write down on a post it note each day something I am grateful for
Let me know how you get on with your weekly intentions. Why not share on instagram and tag me in @bernadettechapman OR come join me on Mondays on clubhouse at 8:30am (@bernadettechap)
Do you have a top tip for staying motivated and smashing your goals?
Photo by The Brand Studio