Hello, I’m Bernadette
I am a certified Business Consultant and Energy healer and work with wedding businesses and creative entrepreneurs. My style is a mix of coaching and consulting providing strategic solutions to problems you may have alongside intuitive analysis of limiting blocks and beliefs. I work with a range of passionate entrepreneurs in the wedding and creative industries including: wedding planners, florists, cake makers, hair stylists, coaches, chefs, PR consultants, photographers, stylists, musicians and tutors.
My honest approach
Choosing who to work with as a wedding business coach or creative business consultant can be tough, who exactly can you trust? Throughout my whole entrepreneurial career, having a connection to my coaches or clients has been vital. How can I provide a high level of service if deep down I don’t feel that spark?
Which is why I want you to get to know me a little more, read more about my career and family below, browse my website and check me out on social media. And if you feel that spark? Book a call to see how it is I can help you.
- I believe in honesty and integrity.
- I believe you can be nice AND successful; it doesn’t have to be one or the other.
- I believe introverts rock, but so do extroverts.
- I believe creative businesses are awesome and can change the world, or at least can change your world.
- I believe you deserve to be paid for your time, talent and experience.
- I believe we need to go beyond the pretty Instagram feeds and start getting strategic with business.
- I believe in being debt free.
- I believe in building my assets so my money works harder for me year after year.
- I believe reaching for six figures is great, as long as you know what that actually means once you reach past the VAT threshold.
Are you ready to up level your wedding business with me by your side?
Saying I Do – to weddings
I’ve worked in the wedding and events industry since 2002, launching my wedding planning business when my son was 6 months old. At the time there were less than 10 wedding planners in the UK, social media didn’t exist and hardly anyone had a website. There was nowhere to get advice and I very much learnt as I went along.
Within 2 years I was helping other wedding planners with their businesses, advising them on how to launch and answering their questions. When my 1st son was a toddler and my 2nd son was a baby I launched an industry body for the wedding industry promoting professionalism and honesty. Through the UKAWP I become a spokesperson for the wedding industry, I created a benchmark of standards that planners abide by, I feel immensely proud of the UKAWP legacy.
During my 21 years in the wedding industry there are many highlights. Training over 1000 planners, organising hundreds of weddings, being interviewed by the press, writing a book, speaking engagements across Europe but the biggest highlight has always been empowering other wedding businesses to succeed.
Dream Occasions Weddings – 2002 – 2021
UK Alliance of Wedding Planners: 2004 – 2023 (September)
My Commitment to Knowledge
I believe strongly that in order to grow as a CEO it is important you constantly stretch yourself and increase your knowledge. I would never expect my clients to pay for my services if I was unwilling to invest in myself. For this reason each year I determine what support I need for the growth I require. Frequently this is working with a coach 1:1, sometimes I am in a mastermind with amazing business owners and sometimes I enrol on specific programmes like the ones below. I also read 1 business book per month and have many recommendations should you want them!
Stu McLarens “Tribe” Membership training
Gemma Went – Business Consultant + Energy Healer certification, IAPC&M & CPD approved, 9 month programme.
Lisa Johnson: One to Many Programme, 3 month live on how to launch a passive income stream. CPD approved
I live in Essex with my husband, 3 children and our sprocker spaniel Freddy. In fact if you watch closely you’ll probably see him in videos I record. A renowned introvert I’d rather be at home curled up on the sofa then attend a fancy soiree. Ironic considering the 19 years I spent organising the most fabulous celebrations!
- I’m an avid reader and go through a book a day
- I have a crazy sweet tooth – sadly
- I love dogs, not so keen on cats, sorry
- I have zero sense of direction, I’m shockingly bad!
- I’d choose Disneyland over a beach holiday any day but I’m also discovering a new love for cruises
- I met my husband in a nightclub, 20+ years, we were arguing at the bar before I decided huh he’s actually cute!
- I dislike gin, I honestly can’t understand the fuss
- I’m not creative, I’m strategic, which means I’m the yin to your yang if you’re a creative soul!
- I have a deep rooted sense of honesty, (I blame my catholic upbringing) but its a value I still hold dear