Welcome to my new blog. It’s strange to have a new blog to write on. I’ve written hundreds of articles over the years for my planning business Dream Occasions and wedding industry body the UKAWP. When I train new wedding planners I tell them to blog, when I work with consultancy clients I tell them to blog. And I do like to practice what I preach.
So what can you expect from my blog? Primarily I will be giving my views on the wedding industry but also giving business advice. Occasionally you might get a glimpse into my personal life as well.
What I love (what brings me joy)
- My family, to include my husband of 19 years, 3 children and of course our dog Freddy
- Reading romance books, yes not trendy, you might even scoff at this but honestly I don’t care. It helps me unwind
- Walking in the countryside with Freddy, some of my best business ideas happen when I do this
- Rollercoasters and theme parks. And thrill rollercoasters, modern 3D effects just don’t excite me as much
- Quiet time at home, in comfy clothes in front of my fireplace
- Mountains bring me such peace, I’d choose a cabin at a bottom of a mountain over a tropical island.
What I love (in business)
- Meeting and training new wedding planners . I love meeting them when the idea of wedding planning is just a dream, then watching their progression into successful business owners.
- Journalling, I adore sitting there in the morning with my coffee putting ideas and concepts into my journal.
- Blogging, I love writing. I don’t have a degree or even A Level in english so I’m sure there are grammatical mistakes. But I love sitting at my computer and just writing. My blogging style is to give advice and pass on my knowledge, you’ll see this more than photos
- Creating strategies for my clients, analysing their business and thinking about what will work for them.
- Setting targets and smashing them, I do love to tick things off a list
- Empowering wedding planners and wedding businesses to thrive and create the life they desire.
- Public speaking either on stage or via social media video streaming. This surprises many as I am an introvert but I find public speaking so invigorating.
Little tip if you meet me
- I don’t like cheese, gin or champagne!
- I’m a hugger so be prepared for my public display of affection
- I’m a straight talker, if you can’t handle the truth probably best not to ask me for it. But I always do it lovingly!
- I always travel in flats and have my heels in my bag, if we have a meeting and you’re early you might catch me out trying to sneak my “work shoes” on
- I have no sense of direction, its ridiculous how I always walk the wrong way especially if in London
- I’m a social introvert, so I’m very uneasy at a party. Often I find a reason to cancel going but I’ve worked hard not to do this in recent years. Members of the UKAWP know this and luckily look out for me whenever there is an event. So if you see me at a party slowly heading towards the exit you’ll now know why. Come and say hi instead, especially all you extroverts
Photo by Grace Elizabeth