Firstly I want to say, social media isn’t evil. Do still use social media in your business, but be more intentional with how you use it. Posting aesthetically images with no strategy is simply not going to be successful. So here are 7 different ways to market your business outside of social media.
- Blogging – yes I have to start with my favourite. Blogging is massively under used by wedding businesses. Lets face it, writing a blog post isn’t as fun as posting a pretty image. I will cover this in future newsletters but tailor your blog posts around solving a problem for a client. And don’t forget you can repurpose elsewhere.
- SEO – you should be focussing on driving traffic to your website. So spend time ensuring your SEO is strong. Work on your keywords. Ensure your copy is clear, concise and targeted. Watch my live on who to contact.
- Community – join a community like the UKAWP where you can refer business to each other. But also discuss ways to collaborate with each other.
- Referrals (1) – build relationships with suppliers / venues / planners. If your clients are similar can you refer each other? Don’t just target blindly, be intentional, and ideally discuss with suppliers you have actually worked with
- Referrals (2) – speak with past clients and ask them to leave reviews on google which again helps with your ranking. And set up a referral scheme whereby if they recommend you to friends and family and they book, you’ll send a pressie to them
- Podcast – think about launching your own podcast and give advice to couples. Or contact those with podcasts and offer yourself as a guest expert. This promotes you to an audience outside of your own
- Videos – can you commit to producing some videos? This is an ideal way for clients to connect with you. To trust you. And see the expertise you have. This could be prerecorded, YouTube, IGTV, facebook live, TikTok or reels. What feels more aligned with you and your clients?
Which one will you use in your business?
Watch my IGTV discussing marketing